Friday, August 20, 2010

Stirling HDB Terrace - #217 Built-in furniture

YES! IT'S FINALLY HERE
today is the day where my built-in furniture begins. we have been waiting for this day the longest time. Just the other day, i met one of my ex-colleague whom i bummed into at a furniture launch. Somehow i always bum into him at these sort of occassions. and he asked whether have we moved in to which i replied not yet! And he looked totally shocked!!

"wah!! i've been waiting for you to finish your reno!!! how long has it been??? half a year already???"

smiling and laughing, totally in agreement. Yes, it has been long. I assured him that he too is on a long waiting list together with all my friends, relatives and colleagues who are also longing for my house-warming party. I promised him that i wouldn't forget him and that i will invite him to our party.

an early morning at 10am. slight drizzle, what a way to start a day..sigh. The lorry came, unloaded 4 trolleys of plywood, tool-kits, laminates, hinges and EVEN a treasure chest (left picture) where the 4 carpenters kept going back for their trusty tools.

8 men came to unload and colonise every corner of my living, dining and kitchen area. It sort of "freaked" my husband out!!! he felt a bit out of place he said! hahaha....must be all that testosterone in the house! They brought all their "ka-cang" and started rolling corrugated cardboard on the floor to protect my tiles. Even my electricican came down to tell the carpenter which wire was for which appliance in the kitchen.

after they laid all the cardboard on the floor, the unbuilt furniture starts rolling in! And we are using Formica laminates for all our built-in cabinets.

pictures of all their ka-cang (tools)...something which my mum kept referring too.

and the staircase wasn't wide enough to bring the wood panels up so they had to improvise and started moving the panels through my window!!! AMAZING. Here's how it looks on the outside at my front patio. So dutch.


here are the photos on the inside where there's another guy on the receiving end.

our Formica panels with a silver trimming. And our teka sink has been delivered too.


And 2 carpenters started on the kitchen cabinets on the 1st storey.


while another 2 did my wardrobe on the 2nd storey.

everything is starting to come into place. *happy*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...