Saturday, February 23, 2013

DIY - Framing our Marimekko print fabric

I bought a piece of Marimekko print from Hokkaido and I can't wait to frame it up on my wall. We have been using our Amsterdam Van Gogh poster over 3 years now and it's time for change. And I really love the refreshing colours of this lemony lime Marimekko print.


 Me: oh no...I don't think I like it portrait honey...
 don't you think it might look better if it was landscape?
 
 aaahhh...so much better....
the yellow and lime green hues makes me hungry! 
Definitely a great place to put - just in front of our dining table.


click here for the Before After photos!

3 comments:

  1. What did you staple your fabric too? I am trying to figure out how to frame a large piece of marimekko fabric and advice would be so appreciated! It looks like you stapled it to an existing piece of art or foamcore framed with a hanging wire already attached?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you staple your fabric too? I am trying to figure out how to frame a large piece of marimekko fabric and advice would be so appreciated! It looks like you stapled it to an existing piece of art or foamcore framed with a hanging wire already attached?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, we used a staple gun. Can be gotten from most DIY shops. The fabric was stapled onto an existing old frame from IKEA. Think it's under the RIBBA series. So the frame comes with the hanging wire. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...